Saturday 7 February 2009

A Saturday off. What on earth do I do today?

So it's a Saturday morning, I've literally just put down my bowl of rice krispies, am listening to the still fantastic after approximately 47,000 listens, Bon Iver - seriously, as averse as I am to encouraging mass consumerism, buy this album! In fact, buy anything on the Jagujaguwar label - there are some amazing acts on it!

Anyway, I'm sat here and it's weird. There's no pressure, there's no nerves. The intensity of the Saturday morning just isn't here because there's no game to pace up and down in advance of, no players to contact in a panic saying to make sure they know about the meet, no kit bag to prepare (I get a bit OCD on Saturdays) and I am completely lost! So far today, I've caught up on some reading (finished my re-reading of Hickman's the Nightly News and finally re-read the Long Halloween).

I suppose I've gotta do my ref's exam at some point today ahead of tomorrow but you know, there's no pressure. My most difficult decision is where I'm going to watch the England game this afternoon! It's either at the club (I'm probably gonna 'direct traffic' for the 3's this arvo), in the Cherry Tree with Amy and co, or in the Mariners with the boys. One thing's for sure and I can't talk about this with hopefully police charges pending, I'm not drinking in the Kings. In fact, I'm in the mood not to drink there again for a goodly long while, or certainly not on a Saturday night.

I suppose I should do something with my day and maybe even invest some time in getting off my proverbial derriere and try to I don't know talk to girls or something but ugh, it's just hard work...

Oh and I'm gonna stick a plug on here for http://www.foundationlotuschild.org/ - Carrie's charity. She's gonna do awesome things, check it out and if you can, donate.

No comments: