Sunday 30 December 2007

Wild Horses.

Wild Horses, couldn't drag Mick Jagger away in perhaps one of the most beautiful pop songs ever written. Heck, the Sunday's cover at the end of that Buffy ep is pretty beautiful too.

Well, in hindsight, Wild Horses couldn't drag me away from where I am now. As I look back on 2007, the amusingly self-proclaimed 'year of the melon'. I think about where I am now and how whilst it isn't where I imagined I'd be 12 months back it's still pretty awesome.

See I've learnt a lot this year, from a lot of different people, from Eddie and the rugby boys to my family, to the people I've met on this trip to my fellow comic nerds on CBR, I've learnt something from pretty much every single one of you.

Well, this is where I say thank you. And I mean it. I've been to some funny places this year, physically, emotionally and mentally. Without the love, strength and support of you guys I wouldn't be where I am today.

All I can say, I've learnt a lot about myself in 2007. 2008 is the year I try to make a difference to other people. I'm not sure how yet and I'm sure to make some mistakes along the way. See I remember the 80's He-man and the Masters of the Universe. They had a saying 'we don't say good-bye, we say good journey'. And there's a truth in that and I guess to all of you I hope your journey through 2008 takes you where you want to go. If it doesn't then make the most of what's in front of you, whoever you are, wherever you are, there are people who love you and that's pretty much the most important thing and the best feeling there is.

Peace out, happy new year, enjoy 2008, live it like its your last.

XXXX

Karl

1 comment:

Mike J said...

Happy New Year Karlos. Your love bug is catching - I watched "Bruce Almighty" last night and was disproportionally moved by it. And it wasn't just at the thought that God might look like Morgan Freeman.

Anyway, as Tony the Tiger would say I had a grrrreat Christmas!! Hope things were suitably festive for you (Bondi aside) and you didn't miss family and friends too much - it goes without saying that I was thinking of you whenever Fairytale of New York came on! It got to number one!! Yessir, you do a mean Kirsty Mccoll impression!

It hasn't snowed here, but I'm feeling festive and mischievious so I might put a picture on my blog that gives the impression that it has...hope all is well...toodle pip