Friday 4 January 2008

Australia, land of surf and sunshine.

Or not, having finally left Sydney with the intention of learning to surf before I reached Surfer's Paradise, I find myself in the middle of a rainstorm and high pressure cyclone. Which means lots of rain and no surf.

So, I'm spending a lot of time visiting sights and walking along the ocean, looking at the water. It's all getting highly, highly frustrating!

I'm in Port Macquarie which is a lovely little seaside town for the next day or so, it's got a Koala hospital (cue excrutiateingly sick photo opportunities!) then I'm on to Coff's Harbour, land of the Giant Banana, before a few days in Byron and then I'm on the Gold Coast. Woo hoo!

PS I appreciate Australia's in the midst of a massive drought so don't despise them for rain!

No comments: