Wednesday 5 December 2007

Leaving Queenstown

Okay so I'm well into my last 24 hours in Queenstown and what for me has been the highlight of my trip to New Zealand. This town is awesome. For one thing, it's the home of adventure sports. Okay so all I've done here is my bungy and the slightly crazy luge thing but you really can do anything here.

The nightlife by NZ standards is pretty good too. That for me has been the weird thing about NZ - it's so quiet. But I've enjoyed that.

The scenery here is beautiful - there's a reason why it's pretty much NZ's no1 ski destination in the winter. Although I did find Milford Sound a little disappointing. I don't think that's the kind of thing you're allowed to say in public here!

Oh and Fergburgers. Comfortably the greatest burger I've ever eaten. Take that Americanians.

I've also met some truly amazing people here.

This place has rocked.

Next I'm off to Dunedin where the major purpose of my 2 days is to find a bar showing the Hatton fight, then a little place to chill called Lake Tekapo for 2 days and the Christchurch. After which I'm off to Aus, which I'm really looking forward to now. I'm currently reading Bill Bryson's Down Under book and I'm sorry to admit I like it. Bill Bryson is the kind of man I try to hate but, this is the first book of his I've actually bothered to read and it's pretty good.

Peace out.

Melon

No comments: