Saturday 9 February 2008

So goodbye Australia.

Hmm its time to leave. Feels weird the whole idea of getting on a plane again after 2 months. It's weird. I've actually gotten so used to Australia. The other day for example, I walked around a museum, barefoot, with a stinger suit up to my waist, topless wearing only a hat and aviators.

Heck I find myself sat here at 6:10pm on a laptop in shorts, thongs and a VB beater like its the most natural thing in the world!

There are some things I'm not gonna miss about Australia though:

1) The general rudeness of the blokes
2) The strange obsession with the song "The Piano-man"
3) Greyhound drivers - are they really old or is it just the toughest job in the world? - so weather beaten!
4) Backpacker bars. These places are the scummiest places on earth, making student nights seem somehow flash!

Things I am gonna miss:

1) The Ocean
2) The sun - apparently HK's really cold right now!

The highlights? Oh there've been many, from being asked alongside my cousin Stu if we were a "couple of poofters" in the ironically named "Port Fairy", to trying to hitch a lift home on Fraser Island with my tour guide whilst in an extreme state of consciousness on Australia Day and proceeding to have an in depth discussion of the life and works of the Thievery Corporation with anyone who we could find with a ute!

Anyway, I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow following what is bound to be a fun night of sleep at Cairns airport! Apparently it's cold! But, I've got a rugby game lined up hopefully. Eek! Should be good though, then off to Kuala Lumpur (or "oompah" as we prefer to call it_. I'm Horse confident that it'll all be apples!

No comments: